1.Collection of Information by AYURCEUTICALS
AYURCEUTICALS collects two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (“PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (“Non-PII”). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
- Personally Identifiable Information
You do not have to provide PII to use the Site. However, to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to sign up for newsletters) or to place orders for AYURCEUTICALS products, we may require that you furnish PII. We collect PII from you through the Site only when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, if you decide to complete a user registration form, complete an online survey or make a purchase, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number). If you decide to place an order, we will also need to know your delivery and billing address, credit card number and expiration date. To protect PII, users registering at the Site must also enter a user name/email address and password. If you would prefer that we not collect any PII from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit and interact with the Site, AYURCEUTICALS and third parties with whom AYURCEUTICALS has contracted to provide services to it may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from five different sources: server log files, environmental variables, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies and information that you voluntarily provide.
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, administering the Site, analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking traffic patterns, and gathering demographic information for aggregate use. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide. AYURCEUTICALS also collects Non-PII (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, age group, gender and product and/or cosmetic concerns, and the brands and products you use) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy. Please note that if we combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII as long as it is so combined.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information by AYURCEUTICALS
- Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. AYURCEUTICALS may use PII about you to for the purposes detailed in this policy including to send newsletters to you or fulfill your purchase.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time we may use PII about you to send to you important information regarding the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. If you have elected to provide us with your contact information, e.g., by registering on the Site, emailing our Customer Service department or placing an order, we may provide you with service related announcements concerning the Site or contact you regarding your customer service requests or your order. For example, all registered users will receive a welcoming email to confirm their registration. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of customer service that AYURCEUTICALS offers its customers. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
iii. Other Communications. The PII you provide may be used by AYURCEUTICALS to create and deliver to you emails such as our newsletters, surveys or other email messages containing product and event information, cosmetics tips or promotions (“Promotional Emails”). If you prefer not to receive such emails. You may receive the benefit of hearing from AYURCEUTICALS via postal mail or phone even if you have opted-out from receiving Promotional Emails.
- Purchases. When you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number, billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you, and may use such Payment Information in order to fulfill your purchase.
- Promotions. We may operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, “Promotions”) through the Site. We typically ask you for certain PII when you enter and, if applicable, win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about AYURCEUTICALS use of PII about you. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of PII about you conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
vii. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth. b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with Consultants and other third parties, for any purpose.
- Aggregate Information. We may use the information you provide in aggregate (Non-PII) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain Non-PII concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer Non-PII with or to our Consultants, licensees and partners.